What is Universal Account Number (UAN)? How to Activate UAN | EPFO Portal | UAN Activation and Registration | What is EPF?
To activate UAN, the Government of India has launched the EPFO portal. EPFO means Employees Provident Fund Organization Through this portal, people of the country can make their personal details and EPF balance online by logging in to UAN. Through UAN Activate, you can check your EPF balance and manage your EPF account online from anywhere Dear friends, today we are going to tell you the process of UAN registration and activation from EPFO portal through this article.
What is Universal Account Number (UAN)?
The full name of UAN is Universal Account Number. This is a unique number with the help of which any person can operate his EPF account online and UAN can log in in EPF. EPF requires an account to work, all the work related to EPF is done through this account. UAN is the EPF account number of the employees. In which the employees’ money is deposited. The Universal Account Number of all persons is different.
Contribution from EPFO Defined Benefit
Under EPFO, some part of the income of the employees is deducted every month and kept safe for the future. Some changes will be made by the department in the EPFO system so that there can be a change in the salary of people working in the private sector. This change will come from changing the structure of EPFO. Some suggestions have been provided by the Ministry of Labor in this regard.
So that EPFO can be continued and funds can be made more relevant. It has been recommended by the Cabinet Committee that the existing system of defined benefit should be replaced by the system of defined contribution. Under the defined contribution, EPF members will be provided benefits according to their contribution.
There are more than 23 lakh pensioners under EPFO. Those who are provided a pension of ₹ 1000 per month. While his contribution to PF is less than a quarter of it. It was said by the officials that if this system continues in the future then it will become difficult to manage it. For this reason, the system of defined contribution will now be adopted.
There was a demand by the Central Board of Trustees of EPFO to increase the minimum pension under the pension scheme from Rs 1000 to Rs 2000 to 3000. But it was not implemented. Implementation of a minimum pension of Rs 2000 would have cost the government an additional Rs 4500 crore and Rs 3,000 would have cost the government Rs 14,595 crore.
Money invested in the stock market under EPFO has also given negative returns due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Of the Rs 13.7 crore EPFO corpus, only Rs 4,600 crore was invested in the stock market.
What is EPF?
The scheme of EPF has been started in October 2018. The full name of EPF is Employees Provident Fund. Those who work in companies, hospitals, schools, etc., then some part of their month’s income under Employees Provident Fund for future. is kept safe. This work is done by the HR department of the company. The HR department will open your EPF account and will provide you UAN number and password. In today’s time, it has been implemented all over India. Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) offers many services online. UAN of EPFO members should be active to use these services.
Why is it important to have UAN activated?
Now people do not need to come to EPF office to deposit money in the EPF account, now HR department will do this work in your company. Now you will not have to face any kind of trouble, now you can easily deposit some money of your salary through the HR department. Now you can activate and register your UAN through an online medium. Through UAN NUMBER, you can also get information about the amount of your EPF and you can also find out how much money is in your account.
Facilities available after activating UAN
- EPF Passbook Download
- Print Updated Passbook
- Download UAN Card
- Print UAN card KYC information updating facility
- PF Withdrawal
Requirements for UAN Activate or Registration
- Registered Mobile Number- The mobile number that you had given at the time of EPFO registration in the HR department and it should be a running number.
- UAN – You must have UAN, through which you can activate UAN. If you do not have UAN number, then you can get it from your HR department.
How to do UAN Activation and Registration?
The people of the country who want to activate and register their UAN, then follow the steps given below. There are three methods of UAN activation.
How to Registered & Activate UAN through Website?
- First of all you have to go to the official website of EPFO.
- On the homepage page, you will see the option of Activate UAN inside the important link below, click on this option.
- After clicking on the option you will be redirected to the new page where a form will open.
- All the information asked in this form like applicant’s name, address, date of birth, mobile number etc. will have to be filled.
- If you do not have UAN then you can use PAN number or Aadhaar number and you can use registered mobile number in the box of mobile number and it should be active with you.
- After filling all the information correctly in the form, you have to click on Get Authorization Pin below.
- After clicking on this option, you will come to the next page where you will have to fill the income OTP on mobile by accepting the terms and conditions of EPFO.
- Fill this OTP in the OTP box and click on Validate OTP and Activate UAN.
- If you have got your UAN activated on the next page or your UAN is already activated.
- In both the cases, your UAN has been activated and you can take advantage of all the services of EPFO through your UAN.
How to Activate UAN through Mobile Application?
- First of all, you have to go to the Play Store of your Android phone.
- Open the Google Play Store and you will have to download and install the mobile application of EPFO.
- After installing EPFO, you have to open the application, then a page will open in front of you on which you will see the option of member, on which you will have to click.
- After clicking on this option, a new page will open in front of you where you will see the option of activate UAN, you will have to click on it.
- After clicking on the option, a form will open in front of you, then you will have to fill all the information asked in it like employment number, EPF number, UAN number etc.
- After filling all the information in the form, you will have to proceed, after that on the next page you will have to fill the OTP which will come on your mobile phone.
- After filling the OTP, your UAN will be activated.
How to Activate UAN via SMS?
- First of all, you have to go to your mobile phone and go to the option of MASSAGE.
- After this you will get EPFOHO ACT ,<< 12 Digit UAN Number >>,22 Digit EPFO Member ID >> After writing this msg, you have to send it to this number 7738299899.
- When EPFO will receive your msg, you will get a confirmation message.
- Your UAN will be activated soon after this process is completed.
Procedure to Login at the EPFO Portal
- First of all you have to visit the official website of EPFO.
- Now the page will open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to enter your UAN, Password and Captcha code.
- After this you have to kiss on the sign in button.
- In this way you will be able to login to the portal.
How to check UAN Status?
- First of all you have to go to the official website.
- After visiting the official website, the home page will open in front of you.
- On this home next, you will see the option of Know Your UAN from the section of Important Links.
- You have to click on this option.
- After clicking on the option, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page you have to enter your mobile number, captcha code etc.
- And then click on the button of Request OTP.
- And then you have to fill the OTP and then click on the search button.
- After this, the status of UAN will be displayed in front of you.
UAN Contact Information
- Helpline Number- 1800118005
- E-mail Id- [email protected]